close
 
 

Your children are not your children.

你的孩子,并非是你的孩子,

 

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

他们属于他们自己的生命。

 

They come through you but not from you,

他们经由你而来,却不是你所创造的,

 

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

他们虽然跟随你,但却不属于你。

 

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.

你可以给他们爱,而不是你的思想。

 

For they have their own thoughts.

他们有自己的思想。

 

You may house their bodies but not their souls,

你可以给他们身躯安居之处,却留不住他们的灵魂,

 

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

他们的灵魂归属于明天,你无法到达的明天,甚至都无法梦到。

 

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

你可以努力象他们一样生活,但不能期望让他们象你一样。

 

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

因为生活不会倒退也不会停留在昨天。

 

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

你是弓,你的孩子们正是从弓上射向前方的箭。

 

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.

射手瞄准的是前方无穷远的目标,他用力让你弯曲,以使他的箭飞得更快更远。

 

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

请为在射手掌中弯曲而快乐吧。

 

For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

正如他爱那飞驰的箭一样,他也爱这稳固的弓。
 
 
 
 
PS:這篇是學校LAILA老師發給我們閱讀的文章,大陸的同學SHERRY翻譯的,給他掌聲鼓勵鼓勵!!http://spaces.msn.com/sherryam60/
 
arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜
    創作者介紹
    創作者 benny  的頭像
    benny

    benny 的部落格

    benny 發表在 痞客邦 留言(1) 人氣()